Solution for backing up & restoring Messages Symbian
S60 3rd Edition
A breakthrough for Symbian S60 3rd
Edition (OS 9.1)
Solution for backing up and restoring Messages
I am very glad to inform you all, the MOST-WANTED
solution for backing and restoring your messages from
your memory card. By default in symbian S60 edition
phones, when we store messages on memory card, it gets
stored in system/mail folder.
The same thing happens on Symbian 3rd edition phones
too, but only difference is that the mail folder is
buried deep inside the private folder..
What you need to access it..
1) Connect your handset to pc in the “Data transfer”
(Mass storage) mode
2) Go to the Private folder on your memory card
3) Open the folders in sequential manner
4) Look for 1000484b (PARENT) folder or like that
under which you will find Mail (Child) or mail2
folder, you are looking for.
5) Copy that (PARENT) folder to your PC
6) After you format you memory card using handset,
copy back the same folder PARENT from pc again under
Private folder on memory card using mass storage mode.
7) Voilla!!! You have got all your messages as it is.
-- OR --
Follow 1st step as it is, then go to search option on
your pc, include system, hidden files and folders in
search options and search for “mail” folder.. and
follow steps 5 to 7 as it is.
Post any of your queries..
Another tutorial in line for creating folders under
folder in damn easy way
Note:Message cant be transfered to phone memory...
The system files of phone memory cant be accessed due
to new security levels in the 3rd edition phones...
battery on s60v3 wifi phone
A llittle trick to save battery power
Menu -> Tools -> Setting -> Connection -> Wireless LAN
-> Options -> Advanced Settings
(choose "yes" )
Automatic config -> disabled -> TX power level ->
Options -> Change -> (change 100 mW to 4 mW) -> OK
this will economise batery but wifi will be more
difficult to use
Nokia 5500 Sport Tip for saving battery
I 5500, you keep seeing sport icon ruuning in
background even when its not being used, consuming
the RAM as well as battery at that time.
You can kill can kill this by using FExplorer's Processes view and save these consumptions.
Alternatively, as i had read somewhere on web so i'll just list that here-connect USB
to your phone and
then to PC & choose data transfer-that closes all the applicationsthough. And you might try opening only useful ap
lications once you disconnect the USB.
Font Solution For Nokia E65
Fonts too small? - Get new fonts!
Those who are still having problem changing fonts on
your E65 phone, here is the solution....
Tested and works nicely on E65 (using Verdana font)
with this firmware:
To get your phone firmware, press *#0000# on
What you need:
-PC card reader
-Y-Browser or F-Explorer programs in your phone
1. Using Y-Browser or F-Explorer, go to directory “z:”
(of your phone memory). If you do not have these
program, go search the forum
2. Under the “z:” folder, go to folder named
3. go to folder named ”fonts”
4. you will see list of fonts file used by your phone.
Note down name of each file. Most likely you will see;
5. Take out your phone memory card and put it into
your PC card reader
6. In your PC, go to folder C:/Windows/Fonts or
download fonts from websites
7. Copy the “verdana.ttf” font file (or any other font
file you prefer)
8. Duplicate font file you copied above (in this case
you have to duplicate 7 times) and rename them exactly
as mentioned under step 4
9. Access your memory card and find folder named
“resource”. If there is no such folder, create one.
10. Under the “resource” folder, create a folder named
11. Copy all files you created under step 8, and paste
under the “fonts” folder you just created under step
12. Put back your memory card into the phone and turn
on the phone
Your phone should now have new fonts
If you want to revert back to original font, just
delete all files you created under step 11 and remove
the “fonts” folder (in your memory card “resource”
Tricks, Techniques, Problems, Solutions, Mobiles, How To
Use Secrect Tricks On Symbian Mobiles, Alcatel, Bosch,
NEC-N343, Nokia Secrets, gsmcodes, mitsubishi secrets,
sagem secrets, siemens secrets, sony ericsson secrets,
sony secrets, Philips-Fsmobilez.com, Panasoni, Motrolla,
Lg, Dancall, HageNukphilips secrets, Samsung.Tips and
Tricks for Mobile Phones. Advice for changes on your
symbian Mobiles, Most of the tips and tricks you need to
know about Mobile Phones , Tips, Tricks, Techniques,
Problems, Solutions, Mobiles, How To Use Secrect Tricks On